How to configure Issue layout to display Created and Updated date fields

Carol McDonnell April 20, 2021

Running the New View and can no longer see these date fields (Created and Updated), and don't see an obvious way to add them.  Suggestions on where to go to add these to the layout?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Carol McDonnell If you look at the very bottom right of the issue, you should see these date values. If you hover over them, it will give you an exact date and time, and if you click on them it will change the format of how it is displayed.

The Created and Updated dates don't act in the same way as custom fields, in that you do not need to add them to any issue screens

date fields.png

Carol McDonnell April 20, 2021

Haha!!  I've clicked "Configure" many times, and never noticed the dates were right there.  I feel silly now.

Thanks for your response @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 

Like John Funk likes this
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

No worries! I have to admit I did the exact same thing when I initially tried out the new issue view :D

Like John Funk likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Hi!

Yes, and... Here is a suggestion to improve the display of those date fields in the new issue view: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70098

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer