How to change the default SCRUM board?

Deleted user October 6, 2014

Hi! 

I've been playing around with JIRA Agile for the first time today and after some hours, the one thing I can't figure out is how to change the default SCRUM board. 

What happens is, each time I create a new project (Projects > View all projects > Create new project > Agile Scrum), the standard board loads. I'd like to add a fourth column to the Work view for instance, for all of our projects, and don't want to spend time adding this column each time I create a new project.

So, where's the option I'm overseeing to change the default boards? Thanks in advance for helping me out here.

2 answers

0 votes
TomasVL
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2014

Hi John

Thanks for your swift response (and apologies for my late one). 

I thought I was missing some configuration option. Automating it by scripting it ourselves won't be a productive investment since I'll have to create about 2 projects a month. I'll keep it a manual thing then.

Thanks for looking into this.

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Instead of changing the default Scrum board, you could create the projects, then create the boards in a separate step. When you create the Scrum boards, instead of creating them from scratch you could just copy the one you want and change the filter to match the appropriate project.

I fear my solution is not many clicks less than what you're already doing though.

Perhaps you could share a bit more about what your use case scenario is?

How many projects do you need to create? And how often do you need to do this? If the volume of these requests was high enough I would suggest creating a script using a CLI tool to automate this. I had do this for my scenario, but I get 2-3 requests for new projects or Agile boards a month, and they have very strict requirements, so for me it made sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events