How to change the core fields visible on the new Jira issue view.

Freddie Wright March 20, 2019

I have followed the instructions for customising the fields on the right of the new Jira issue view however I need to adjust what is seen on the left. Currently it is blank and I can't even see the issue Description!

We used to be able to see lots of things here like Description and Issue Links

missing fields.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

Hi @Freddie Wright - hoping we can get you pointed in the right direction!

Are you using the standard description field or is it a custom? 

To my knowledge, there is no way to change the standard fields on the left side, Atlassian has set those based on user experience testing and feedback. 

Freddie Wright March 20, 2019

We use the standard Description field.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019

@Freddie Wright I'm assuming that when you view the 'old version' there is a description present? 

The new view tends to hid fields without values, so wondering if that's the cause. 

Have you tried any other browsers? Might eliminate an issue with Chrome vs. Firefox for instance.

Suggest an answer