How to change a completed Sprint's end date

Lloyd Wallington
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2018

How to change a completed Sprint's end date once the sprint has been closed?

Basically I could not use Jira for two months so I added the stories and tasks retrospectively and set the sprint Start and End Dates for each Sprint then I started the Sprint, moved the Stories and Tasks into the appropriate status and Closed the Sprint now all the sprints show the same closed date, as below for July, not the data defined in the settings.

23/Jul/18 2:37 PM - 07/Sep/18 2:39 PM 

2 answers

1 vote
bluemyria November 5, 2019

Please upvote this related issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16331 so that it can get fixed soon

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Hello Lloyd,

Please, check if the option provided in the answer below helps you:

End Date Edit of a Closed issue

Lloyd Wallington
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2018

Your answer is incorrect.

Sprint dates as shown in the backlog view - 16/Jul/18 2:35 PM•20/Jul/18 2:35 PM

Once the Sprint is closed the closed date shows it as the current date and the burndown etc shows the 7 week timeline.

Closed sprint, ended by Lloyd Wallington16/Jul/18 2:35 PM - 10/Sep/18 6:42 AM

Pretty bad actually as the company I was trying to migrate onto Jira and paid for out of my own pocket has now decided to stick with Wrike which allows the correct functionality.

Suggest an answer