How to automate moving an issue

How to automate moving an issue, to the top of a column to do, when priority changes to highest in Jira?

2 answers

1 vote
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Александр Мельничук

Can you share some screenshots so we can know what you are referring to as Moving an issue to the top of a column ?

As a first look, if a priority changes on an issue and the filter feeding the board is ordered by priority, then the issue would jump to the top if the highest priority is chosen, so in the scenario I describe there is no automation used, only filter configuration.

Kindly share further details of what you want to accomplish so we can better asses what needs to be done.

Regards,
David

I have a column To Do with many issue. I want them to be automatically sorted by priority highest on top. I do it manually now. How to configure such a filter or automation? https://prnt.sc/h7H2G2zNQ4o3

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Александр Мельничук

You can have the filter to be ordered by the priority, here is an example:

project = "PN1" ORDER BY priority DESC

image.png

Hopefully this answers your questions,
David

Hi @David Freitez it works in backlog but not on board.

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

Hi @Александр Мельничук

Can you share screenshots of the board´s filter ?

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2023

Hi @Александр Мельничук

I cannot see where the JQL you are showing me in the image is configured.  If you need it for the board, then it needs to be the filter of the board, not a sub filter.

Regards,
David

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Александр Мельничук, welcome the community!

Please disregard my previous answers. David's answer is going in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events