How to automate Jira & Confluence daily Backup?

Lionel Alva September 9, 2021

We are using Jira and Confluence cloud. We want to ensure our data has been backed up daily incase of any failure. 

We tried the scripts from the user community to automate the backup but we cannot get it to work correctly. 

Is there any other way to backup Jira and Confluence daily?

Thanks,

Lionel

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2021

Hey @Lionel Alva

My team at Rewind is working on building an automated backup and restore app for Jira Cloud right now - we will be inviting customers to join a closed Alpha phase for it starting in November. We'll also be expanding to Confluence shortly after that.

If you'd like to be included in the Alpha phase, just let me know. I'm also always looking to chat with Jira/Confluence customers to learn more about their needs for backup and restore solutions.

Danny

Danny - I am interested in joining the Alpha phase. Please send me the invite.

Thanks !

Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2021

Lionel - Sounds good! Just send me a note at danny@rewind.com and I'll send over some details.

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

Hi @Lionel Alva,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

There is a free app on the Marketplace, Admin Kit for Jira Cloud, and it allows you to take a backup twice a week that you may want to take a look at. If you want to do backups more often I would recommend to take a look at Forge, that is Atlassian's new development platform and Admin Kit is built on that.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

Also, if you haven't already, take a look at this KB, Automate backups for Jira Cloud.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2021

Hi!

Yes, and...please take note for backups of what is/is not included, as you may need to mitigate the gaps with other actions.

For example, I do not believe automation rules are backed up, and so site admins should export them all for storage/versioning and potential future import during restoration.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Mikael- Thank you for your recommendation. I will check out Forge. I did check out the post on automating the backups using the script. Our system admin tested it out but didn’t get it to work correctly.

Bill - Thank you for your suggestion on adding comments. I will remember to do that.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events