• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to associate a field configuration scheme with a project

Hi,

Basically, I'm trying to follow the steps here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-field-configuration-scheme/

It says:

1. Go to your project and click Project settings
  2. Click Fields.

I don't have this "Fields" option.

I guess I don't have the correct permission, but I'm already admin of my project.

What should I do ? Who am I supposed to speak to ?

Can you please help me ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Flavien Gache Community Leader Feb 18, 2021

Hi Nicolas.

If you are on cloud, you must have something looking like this. Hence, a Fields option. If you don't see that, I am afraid you are on a next gen project. You can't associate a field configuration scheme on a next gen project unfortunately as next gen projects don't use schemes.

Let me know if you need more help. :)

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 20.08.47.png

Hi Flavien,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed, I'm on a next-gen project. Is there any way other way to do it?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is making some fields required. The things is, I want to do it only in my project, I don't want my changes to affect other projects in my company.

(I've already done the mistake in a previous company, that's why I'm cautious now! And I remember I set up a field configuration scheme).

Is there any workaround with next-gen project ?

Nicolas

Flavien Gache Community Leader Feb 19, 2021

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do it in a next gen project as of today : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Required-fields-in-next-gen-projects/qaq-p/948332

I suggest you use a classic project and you create a specific configuration field for the issues in your project. Hence, it won't affect everybody's projects ;)

No way... The request has been done 2 years ago: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17631?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=7a05a76e-6ebb-4519-a71c-01e0d38311e2

Anyway. Thanks a lot for your help Flavien. Much appreciated !!

Have a great day and stay safe,

Nico

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,046 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you