How to allow issue deletion to only JIRA admins

Dayanand December 6, 2022

We want to issue deletion to only JIRA admins not for any other Jira users
1. Is there any JIRA global setting to do this ?
2. if no global setting is there any other way to achieve this since we have 400 permission scheme which is difficult to remove user roles from delete permission?
3. or do you have any DB query or script to remove remove user roles from delete permission for 400 permission schemes?

Looking to hear some better solution on this. if any scriptrunner script please share to remove user roles from permission scheme

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

HI @Dayanand 

There isn't a global permission to do this, since issue deletion is project based. Personally, I know no other way of doing this, but manually. But 400 schemes are a lot.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

@Dayanand ,

I suggest you should start using the shared schemes while creating tickets. Most of the projects in your system might require a single permission scheme. This will help you in easy maintaining of your Jira systems as well. 

Dayanand December 6, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

It would good if provide me script that remove user roles from delete permission scheme for 400 schemes.

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

@Dayanand I don't have one unfortunately. But the link I gave you can be a good starting point for you.

Dayanand December 7, 2022

I am looking for script or other way to update 300+ permission to removed user roles from revoking delete permission from permission scheme 

Suggest an answer