Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to allow issue deletion to only JIRA admins

Edited

We want to issue deletion to only JIRA admins not for any other Jira users
1. Is there any JIRA global setting to do this ?
2. if no global setting is there any other way to achieve this since we have 400 permission scheme which is difficult to remove user roles from delete permission?
3. or do you have any DB query or script to remove remove user roles from delete permission for 400 permission schemes?

Looking to hear some better solution on this. if any scriptrunner script please share to remove user roles from permission scheme

1 answer

HI @Dayanand 

There isn't a global permission to do this, since issue deletion is project based. Personally, I know no other way of doing this, but manually. But 400 schemes are a lot.

Rilwan Ahmed Community Leader Dec 06, 2022

@Dayanand ,

I suggest you should start using the shared schemes while creating tickets. Most of the projects in your system might require a single permission scheme. This will help you in easy maintaining of your Jira systems as well. 

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

It would good if provide me script that remove user roles from delete permission scheme for 400 schemes.

@Dayanand I don't have one unfortunately. But the link I gave you can be a good starting point for you.

I am looking for script or other way to update 300+ permission to removed user roles from revoking delete permission from permission scheme 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events