How to add the worklogAuthor field as a column in a filter?

Mike Alexander February 12, 2021

I'm trying to create filter that lists all of the items where work is logged by any user on a specified day. I have the JQL working, but it appears I cannot add worklogAuthor as a column in the filter. I can add the Assignee, but that might not be the same person that logged time on the issue (e.g. a developer completed the task, logged their time and the issue was assigned to someone else to QA). I can also add Time Spent as a column to show how much time was logged.

A Google search and a search in this forum showed plenty of results for how to filter results by a specific list of users, or for the currently logged in user, but not my requirement to add worklogAuthor as a column. Similarly, I know there are add-ons for Jira that will do what I need, but I need to do it using the built-in filters.

Is there any way to add worklogAuthor as a column in a filter?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Alexander August 19, 2022

I had to do this by using the (soon to be depreciatedJira Cloud for Google Sheets app to list all work log entries in a Google Sheet and then work with them from there. There's no way to do this in Jira itself.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Mike Alexander  you can display only Issue fields/custom fields as filter columns because JQL displays issues. The problem is that issue can have multiple worklogs, so you can't easily display this value for the issue row :(.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events