How to add story points field at prod incidents issue type?

Kateryna.Motko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2022

Prod incident issue type uses the same layout, screens, and list of fields, as story or task issue types do. But there is no story point field, and neither I nor our Jira administrator can change it. What might be the reason? What are the solutions?

3 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Go into one of your existing incidents, and click "edit".  Do not change anything, instead, look to the top right of the edit pop-up for the "fields" menu.  On there, there should be a "where's my field" option.  Use that, search for Story Points, and when you click that, it'll tell you why the field isn't appearing, and link to where you can fix it.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Kateryna.Motko ,

Does your story point field work for other issue types? If yes, it is possible that the custom field is not set for your project, issue type of screen. To check and configure it, follow these guides:

1 vote
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Kateryna.Motko welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please be informed either the story points field is not enabled for your project OR the project admin or board admin might not have enough required permissions.

First thing is to check if you are using "Company managed" or "Team-managed" project type.

When configuring a board, you can set whether issues are estimated in story points, time estimate issues, and how progress is tracked throughout your sprint. This process differs from "Company managed" or "Team-managed".

Listed on this document about configuring your board estimates.

OR

The Jira admin should check for the schema and permissions to enable this story points field. To do this, he/ she needs to head to the Jira settings >> issues >> custom fields

Kateryna.Motko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2022

@G subramanyam thank you for your response.

In my Jira I have the note: "You're in a company-managed project"

The story point field exists for story, bug, task issues types. It is widely used for our project. At the settings it says that for prod incidents it is available too, but in fact there is no one. 

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 14.51.22.pngScreenshot 2022-06-07 at 14.51.36.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events