How to add newly created status to be displayed on tickets in Sprint board

e b January 11, 2022

Hello, 

How do I make my newly created status visible on my sprint board under each ticket as a broad overview?

example:

Right now the only visible status are the default ones (to do, in progress, done), but I would like to make it so that my newly created statuses "Clarification Required" and "Pending Analysis" are also visible when the ticket is set to those specific statuses. 

Please see this photo:a2beb6a72c9eb07c42d32253cf930fc6

Appreciate any help.

3 answers

0 votes
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @e b

The new status would need to be mapped to the In Progress column or to its own new column. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/  

You can access the board settings in the top right corner of the board (3 dot menu) if you are a board admin. Then go to Columns. Then drag the new status into the desired column. The tickets with that status will display correctly. 

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2022

Hi @e b ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Could you please check this previous accepted thread - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Newly-created-Status-not-showing-up-in-Issue-Status-dropdown/qaq-p/1513685 and check your workflow status ? Please refer this guide for working with workflows - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/work-with-issue-workflows/.

Please let me know if that helps.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @e b , it appears that "Clarification Required is in fact displayed...

2022-01-11_13-54-10.jpg

what do you have pointed to in your image above is the status category which will be one of the three you mentioned.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

You can update your card layout under board settings.

e b January 11, 2022

I understand it is displayed, but it is not useful at a glance to those working on a sprint board with dozens of tickets. I want it to be displayed in the exact same format as the IN PROGRESS is displayed, with the color highlight as well.

e b January 11, 2022

FWIW I have already edited the card layout, it is how you can see the "clarification required" in the ticket but it only displays things in "plain text". -- I do not want want this.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

You cannot achieve what you are asking for. The displayed status category fields are treated in a unique manner.

Suggest an answer