Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to add en EPIC field in an issue type config?

Edited

When I create a ticket I'd like to be able to relate this ticket to an epic directly from the form creation.

I looked into configuring issue types but there is no "epic" field available.

(I'm working within a next gen project)

Capture d’écran 2019-04-11 à 15.35.17.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh Community Leader Apr 11, 2019

@clara_maitre This feature of linking Epic to an issue while issue type creation is currently not available in next-gen projects. Please see the below similar post from community for more information:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Next-Gen-Story-and-Epic-Link/qaq-p/910068

As per recent developments for next-gen projects, Issues can now be added to Epics and removed from Epics from within the issue view meatball menu. Up to now this was only available on the card meatball menu. Please see the next-gen projects roadmap below for more information:

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.32090620.390908284.1554734189-1671602508.1532093427#result-605d2ca4

Hope it helps!

this is quite unfortunate and something we sorely miss - this adds one extra step for every ticket created, can you please hurry and implement?

Like # people like this

Agreed, this seems like a huge oversight. Yet another feature missing in next gen.

Like # people like this

@Taranjeet Singh Do you know if this will be added to the roadmap?  Does anyone?  This will save clicks and allow for some key organization properties. 

Any news regarding this issue?

Many tasks in our project are left without an epic due to the extra steps needed. 

Also hoping this drops soon... it's been a couple of years...

Shouldn't this be up to the user to decide if the Epic link field is present on the issue or not? :(

Like # people like this

It is pretty unfortunate that after 2 years it is still not really solved. I think people need to be able to add existing general fields into an issue type in team-managed projects. Will there be any update?

Like # people like this

@Taranjeet Singh Still no news on this ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events