How to add en EPIC field in an issue type config?

clara_maitre April 11, 2019

When I create a ticket I'd like to be able to relate this ticket to an epic directly from the form creation.

I looked into configuring issue types but there is no "epic" field available.

(I'm working within a next gen project)

Capture d’écran 2019-04-11 à 15.35.17.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2019

@clara_maitre This feature of linking Epic to an issue while issue type creation is currently not available in next-gen projects. Please see the below similar post from community for more information:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Next-Gen-Story-and-Epic-Link/qaq-p/910068

As per recent developments for next-gen projects, Issues can now be added to Epics and removed from Epics from within the issue view meatball menu. Up to now this was only available on the card meatball menu. Please see the next-gen projects roadmap below for more information:

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.32090620.390908284.1554734189-1671602508.1532093427#result-605d2ca4

Hope it helps!

Deleted user July 6, 2020

this is quite unfortunate and something we sorely miss - this adds one extra step for every ticket created, can you please hurry and implement?

Like # people like this
James Robson July 16, 2020

Agreed, this seems like a huge oversight. Yet another feature missing in next gen.

Like # people like this
Jayson Castillo October 23, 2020

@Taranjeet Singh Do you know if this will be added to the roadmap?  Does anyone?  This will save clicks and allow for some key organization properties. 

Yoni Itzhak May 3, 2021

Any news regarding this issue?

Many tasks in our project are left without an epic due to the extra steps needed. 

Chris Coffey June 10, 2021

Also hoping this drops soon... it's been a couple of years...

John Bitner June 23, 2021

Shouldn't this be up to the user to decide if the Epic link field is present on the issue or not? :(

Like # people like this
Natalia Roshchina October 5, 2021

It is pretty unfortunate that after 2 years it is still not really solved. I think people need to be able to add existing general fields into an issue type in team-managed projects. Will there be any update?

Like # people like this
alexis.dewolf.ext February 10, 2022

@Taranjeet Singh Still no news on this ? 

Suggest an answer