How so suppress line numbers in copy/paste of code

Kevin Kardasz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 19, 2021

Hi, Recently it happens that when I copy and paste a code block from Jira to another app, the line numbers are retained. My fellow developers are not experiencing the same issue. 

Example of a paste:

with l as

2(

3select l.LOGINCONNECTIONID as Session_ID, l.USER_NAME, to_char(login_time,'YYYY-MM-DD') as login_date,

4    to_char(login_time,'hh24') as start_hour, to_char(logout_time,'hh24') as end_hour

5    from LOADER.re_login_log l

6)

Has anyone encountered and fixed this issue?

Thanks

- k

4 answers

0 votes
Rafał Gliński October 25, 2022

For me JIRA (hosted on .atlassian.net/) inserts line numbers in front of each line when copying from Safari (selected by mouse, then CMD C) to Postman (CMD V). 

0 votes
Ivan Martinez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2021

Just step on the first line and delete the number 1, hope this helps

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2021

Hey Kevin - could you possibly be running into this - Copy-pasting the text from the "code snippet" block copies the line numbers ?

In that ticket, the following is mentioned;

The issue happens when using the (Linux-only) select-text-then-middle-click method for copypasting.

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2021

@Kevin Kardasz - hi Kevin! Can you send a screenshot of where you're copying the code from?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events