My team and I are keen to use Jira Software for project management but have a few concerns about security. Some of our questions are:
1. Who is the vendor of Jira?
2. Is Jira hosted in Australia, and if not, how can I host it in Australia?
3. Is Jira administered by foreign nationals?
4. What is the connection to the cloud services provider (Amazon Web Services?)?
5. Has it been hardened using vendor, Australian Signals Directorate or other advice, guidance or templates?
This will be a good read I think: https://www.atlassian.com/trust
This covers Cloud and Data Center - there is a Server option also where you can host Jira locally within your organisation.
There are Atlassian Partner that can help setup and administer Jira on your behalf - or your company could purchase it directly and self-service, its up to you! See more about Atlassian partners in your locale here: https://www.atlassian.com/partners
Hey Jen - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I think you will find that Jira meets all of your criteria - even to the point that they are an Australian company! Granted they also have offices around the world and more than 3,000 employees.
I also imagine there are other Australian government customers supported by Jira. :-)
When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event