How do you handle bugs during sprint planning?

How do you handle bugs during the sprint planning meetings? All of the stories in the backlog are given story points. The team has capacity of X story points per sprint. So I know how many stories I can fit into a sprint but how do I add bugs into this mix since a bug does not have a story point estimate on it?

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
You can simply add the story point field for bugs in context of that field and use that for planning. But the most practical way is to have a fixed value for story point for bug and use that for planning. And remember, adding the story point value to bug has a serious drawback, it will start showing up in velocity, which is very very bad. Delivering bug corrections does not add value to customer. Bug corrections just make up for the lost value for the customer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

2,088 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you