How do we get the EPICS from linked stories or tasks using table transformer macro in confluence

Rama August 19, 2022

The EPIC link field in story/task has the epic ID's but it is not working properly with table transformer macro due to bug with JIRA issue macro as mentioned here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-51568.

Also, our EPIC's are linked to different hierarchy of epics, so we have the epic link field values as :

(123/2341/7869) ChangeValueOffer - 7869 is the epic id here
(3879/9879) Baseoffers for a brand  - 9879 is the epic id here

Now, I would like to have a table as below using table transformer. Any ideas?

EPIC IDStoryIDStory statusTask ID Task Status

2 answers

5 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2022

This issue seems to be related to this one: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-51568

As I understand, showing a link instead of ID is not related to the Table Transformer macro but to the Jira Issues macro. I'd suggest to report this issue to Atlassian team.

Rama August 21, 2022

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_  Thank you, that could be it. 

Anyways, do you have any other suggestion on how do we get the epics from stories/tasks using table trasnformer?

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Rama ,

I can suggest the same as @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ did: use Epic Name and Epic Link at the same time. Previously, either Epic Name or Epic Link showed the correct value to join two tables.

What Confluence version do you use?

5 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2022

Hi @Rama ,

We haven't got any other issues from our customers about the inconsistent behavior of the Table Transformer macro. Unless you do any transformations, the untouched columns should appear in exactly the same way as they are shown via "pure" Jira Issues macro.

So, please, check what version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app you are using - the current one is 9.1.0, if yours is an older one, please, update.

If this doesn't help the issue, refer to our support team - our portal is confidential and we'll look closer into the problem.

Rama August 21, 2022

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ As Andrew pointed out looks like it's JIRA specific issue. 

Please let me know if you have suggestion on how to get epics from linked stories/tasks? 

Thank you.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2022

Hi @Rama

As I've mentioned before, the Table Transformer macro works with the output of the Jura Issues macro.

Maybe you need to rephrase the question (create another one) and ask it more specifically regarding the Jira Issues macro only.

The original statement "When i try to wrap in table transformer macro, the epic link value keep changing" is confusing (it looks like a bug in the app or smth) and may prevent other users/Atlassian team from answering/sharing their workarounds.

Rama August 21, 2022

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_  Done. I've rephrased it.

Anyways, do you have any idea on my request of getting epics from linked stories/tasks? do you come across such scenarios? can we use other link type/epic name or something apart from epic link field to get the epics? 

EPIC name is also displayed same as epic link without hyperlink as below.

(123/2341/7869) ChangeValueOffer - 7869 is the epic id here
(3879/9879) Baseoffers for a brand  - 9879 is the epic id here

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2022

Unfortunately, nothing valuable from me here.

Suggest an answer