How do i create a classic project

tom_r_newcomer November 17, 2020

I am trying to create classic project but it says you do not have adm control.  

You don't have permission to create a classic project.Your Jira admin can create one for you.  I am using the free version and I am taking a class to learn jira

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi Tom - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to be a Jira Administrator to be able to create projects. 

Can you get to Settings > System?

i can get to my settings but not the Settings>System.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Then you are not a Jira Administrator. That person would need to grant you permissions to create projects. 

This was only set up for me so i could learn Jira.    Who do i need to contact?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Whoever set it up for you. 

I am the only person that set up this account.  Did Jira take away the functionality

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Can you get to Settings > User Management?

how do i get there?  it does not appear to be an option?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Click on the Gear icon by your avatar in the upper right hand side of the top navigation bar. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events