How do i change the value of custom field through automation

Sunilkumar k June 8, 2022

I need the value of custom field to be changed whenever the automation rule runs is that possible ?

I need the message to be displayed in the custom field whenever the attachment is in exe format.

1 answer

1 vote
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Sunilkumar k ,

Welcome to the community. 

1) you can update custom field value when the automation rule runs. There is an option called edit issue in the actions. you can update custom field value using this. Or you can update custom field value in a transition also.

editissue.PNG

As per my knowledge,  there is no trigger for attaching in automation.

Hi Sreenivasaraju,

Can you please help me with the syntax of regular expression for adding the new value to the custom field.

For example : i want to display the mime type of attachment in the custom field if the type of attachment given by user is not exe , if the attachment is of exe type then i need to display the custom message in the custom field.

Iam able to display the mimetype of attachment in the custom field , but i want to give the custom message in the custom field when the attachment type is exe can you please help me with the regular expression

Hi Sreenivasaraju p,

Can you please help me with the syntax of the regular expression that we give in the edit issue action to add the value in custom field.

Tom Gardner December 5, 2022

I am also interested in the correct syntax for updating Custom Fields per automation as they do not appear in the dropdown.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events