How do I synchronize JIRA issues between two projects?

Tatiana Dubberstein July 30, 2021

We use agile JIRA projects / SCRUM Boards for our work. Given that we have two projects, and a certain JIRA issue is created in one of them, can this issue be synchronized with the second project, meaning that it will be possible to copy it and it will be shown in the second project as well? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

3 answers

1 vote
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Hello @Tatiana Dubberstein 

Apart from the add-ons, we can create automations to achieve this. The automation can be triggered when a ticket is created and some additional conditions, based on your business requirements.
Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

There are multiple apps that synchronize issues between projects.

See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&query=sync

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

Not natively, Jira doesn't duplicate issues like that.   

I would look in the marketplace for one of the "sync" apps - they can keep two projects partially or totally synchronised, locally or across different instances.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events