How do I set up a filter subscription for a different user?

Scott Fagen January 5, 2018

I am on Jira Cloud.  I am reading the doc at Working with search results which says:

-----

Subscribing to your search results

A subscription provides you with a periodic notification for all issues returned by the search. If you want to be notified when a particular issue changes, you should watch the issue instead.

Email
Your search must be saved as a filter, if you want to create an email subscription for it. You can create a subscription of any frequency for yourself and/or other users. Note, only the first 200 results of a filter are sent.

1. Run the filter that you want to subscribe to, then click Details (next to filter name).
  2. Fill in the 'Filter Subscription form' and click Subscribe.

-----

I am trying to set up a subscription to a filter for another user.  Following the instructions, I can see nothing on the New Subscription screen that allows for the specification of another user or group:

Jira Filter sub.png

Anybody have a clue where to select a different user or group?

Thanks,
Scott

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2018

Hi Scott,

One item to check is that you have the 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission. This is required to set subscriptions for other users/groups.

Hope this helps,

Danny

Scott Fagen January 6, 2018

Hi Danny,

That was it, thank you!

Scott

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2018

Glad to hear that worked Scott!

If you could please accept the answer (checkmark to the left) to close the question.

Have a great weekend. 

Shaun Parker January 16, 2020

Hi.

I have just found this issue and I have the exact same problem.

However, I also have the 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission set.

But I am still not able to select a different user or group.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaun

Rama krishna May 17, 2020

Hello Shaun,

Yes in Jira server Instance, we don't have the feature of filter subscription for specific users even we have 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' set in Global permissions.

We can configure personal subscription and for the groups we are members.

Regards

Rama

2 votes
Zuzana Kontrikova October 20, 2020

Hi!

I have a similar problem, I do have 'Manage Group Filter Subscriptions' global permission but I can only choose from some large generic groups, not individual users. 

Is there a way I can enable individual users subscriptions?

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 16.38.57.png

Tobias Rettensteiner October 29, 2020

Hi Zuzana,

as an JIRA admin, you can only choose yourself or different groups to the subscription.

If you are using scriptrunner, it would be possible to switch to the user you want and then set up the subscription.

Like # people like this
Shelley Montreuil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Hey there @Tobias Rettensteiner Tobias, I am new to Scriptrunner ... how might I use it to subscribe another user to a filter?

Suggest an answer