How do I see in progress work from two KanBan boards at the same time?

Nick Vanduyne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2021

Completely new to jira and doing some testing/getting acquainted with the product. Where do I go to see the in-progress work from two separate projects in one view?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hello @Nick Vanduyne

To see tickets "in progress" tickets across multiple projects, you can build a filter with your desired parameters and this view will pull all tickets that fit that criteria using the dropdowns in the basic view shown below:

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.08.48 PM.png

Pro Tip: If you want to get visual with your data, you can also leverage Dashboards and use that filter (note: this filter must be saved) in all sorts of gadgets such as two-dimensional diagrams, pie charts! 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2021

Hi @Nick Vanduyne  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Adding on to what Andrew suggests, once you have a filter which spans the different projects, you could create a Kanban board for the filter, showing the progress of the items.  Use this board as view-only, updating the items on their source project boards.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events