How do I see a list of all of our Jira boards?

Michelle Vidler October 31, 2017

There used to be a link where we can view a list of all our Jira boards. Now I can only get to one board at a time, doing this through the project. How do we get to all the boards now?

6 answers

9 votes
jb May 17, 2018

Really bad UX - why is it so difficult to find the list of boards??

The list of projects is easy to find. From there why not have a link *anywhere* going to the list of boards???

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2018

@jb, your question really is better suited as a "discussion" and if you are interested in actually having a discussion on the UX I would recommend creating a new Discussion on the topic. Not sure having the discussion in this thread will be effective.

jb May 18, 2018

@Jack Brickey indeed, i don't know if an Atlassian product person will read this. My point is just that viewing the boards list is very useful and should be easy to find, next to the list of projects. 

Projects and boards could even be in the same list that would be just as helpful. 

Like # people like this
Ben Vautier May 31, 2018

100% agree with this. Took me may too long to find my boards

Like # people like this
9 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

You can find all your boards by URL: %your_host%/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa

Michelle Vidler October 31, 2017

This URL does not work?

Like anna likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

You have to replace %your_host% with your own host name.

Like msantos likes this
Michelle Vidler November 2, 2017

Ok, I have the link now but is there a path to follow? I'd rather show people and understand how to get to the "All Boards" page rather then sending a link. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2017

The url you constructed goes to the all boards page.  I don't understand what you mean by "path", as the path to the all boards page is the link.

Like Wajed Isleem likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2017

@Michelle Vidler, do you mean how to use the UI to navigate to  view all boards?

Boards>View all boards

of course the navigation depends on cloud/server and version.

If the above is what you meant I think your original post conveying "link" thru us off here.

Like Nvard likes this
Michelle Vidler November 2, 2017

Yes, where is the UI to navigate to Boards>View all boards?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2017

well if you are on cloud like me and on the old UI then it is as I stated: click on Boards on the menu bar and you should see "View all boards". If you are on new UI then click on the magnifying glass (search) and you should see about halfway down "Boards" and "View All Boards".

If you are on server I can't help you precisely but I'm sure it is very similar to the above. Too the documentation is generally a good place to start.

if this resolves your issue please be sure to click the check mark beside @Domenico Manzo _Actonic_ answer. 

Like # people like this
Michelle Vidler November 6, 2017

Thank you so much @Jack Brickey. We are on the new UI.  We can now find this with the magnifying glass.

jb May 18, 2018

Thanks @Michelle Vidler that was helpful 

PhilWalkerBulkPowders July 26, 2018

You can add a new item

Choose URL and enter the details, call it View All Boards and save it

It will then appear on your menu

sebastian-t October 27, 2020

Thank you @Jack Brickey and @Domenico Manzo _Actonic_ ...

view all boards.jpgPerson that came up with this design should be castrated ... I've tried to find it for 20 minutes and than about 10 - 20 minutes to google it ... what a joke ...

Like # people like this
4 votes
Paul Rambags April 15, 2021

Just go to an arbitrary board. Then, click on the drop-down sign to the right of the board name and click on "VIEW ALL".
Untitled.png

Tim Wilson April 27, 2021

☝🏽 this. Thanks.

0 votes
Amir Dagan June 22, 2022

The equivalent link is:
https://<COMPANY>.atlassian.net/jira/boards

0 votes
alex_breen December 18, 2021

I agree. This feels like an area of Jira UX that could be greatly improved in the hosted edition. I think for many companies "board = team" and projects and teams are rarely 1:1. Some teams cover multiple projects; projects are worked on by multiple teams. The first step for many users is to open a board, rather than first go to a project (e.g., starting  a scrum meeting). So this goes against the natural flow of work. In Jira Server, the UX followed that model. When my team switches to the hosted edition of Jira, we're going to have to come up with some ugly workarounds. 

0 votes
Rich Scire August 26, 2021

This is ridiculous but at least its not intuitive.

Suggest an answer