How do I run a report for resource hours spent

Lisa Bishop December 13, 2021

How do I run a report that will give me how many hours each resource spent on an issue. Similar to time tracking but with more detail.

6 answers

1 vote
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 10, 2022

Hi @Lisa Bishop 

If you still considering a solution I would suggest ActivityTimeline. It's resource planning plugin with a lot of reports. You can check resource utilization, calculate workload, worklog, availability with various of details about the issue and project.
2022-02-10_23h41_35.png2022-02-10_23h41_51.png

Hope it helps! If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can demo session for you if needed. 
Nataliya,  ActivityTimeline Team.

1 vote
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hello @Lisa Bishop 

You can try a Time in Status for Jira Cloud add-on developed by my SaaSJet team. 

It generates 7 types of time reports, including Time in Status and Assignee time reports. Time in Status report shows how long an issue has been spent in each status. 

tis report.png

Assignee time report shows how long each assignee has been working on each issue.

assignee report.png

Is that what you need? 

Hope, you find it helpful.

Regards, Karolina.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Lisa Bishop

Unfortunately, what you are looking for is not possible with the built-in functionalities of JQL. Because JQL can not make calculations and you need assignee time calculation.

For this exact need we developed Status Time Reports app. By default, it provides reports on how much time passed in each status. But it can also provide assignee time. You can also export the report as CSV and open it in Excel.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, assignee time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like status entry dates, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
December 14, 2021

Hi @Lisa Bishop , 

I would like to invite you to try out our app - Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports It's a tool that allows you to create custom reports based on Jira Time Logs and Jira issue fields.

For example, you can check how much time was spent on Jira issues by the issue Assignee, issue type and specific issues:

assignee.png

You can also check, how much time each user logged to specific issues and story points:

Story point.png

As you can see there are lots of possibilities of what you can check with those reports. You can view the whole organisation or filter by specific projects or JQL filters. Reports can be exported and shared by a link. 

I hope you check it out! Please also do not hesitate to contact me here, I'll be happy to help with any question or set up a meeting with an app showcase.  

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
December 13, 2021

Hi @Lisa Bishop 

Welcome to the community !!

For a readymade solution, to get the time spent data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Links Hierarchy, Epic Hierarchy etc which the app provides.

Worklogs Report.PNG

Worklogs Report - Filter Crtiteria.PNG

0 votes
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

Hi,

You could try the workload pie chart.  It will show all the time spent by users in the project for example.

Hope that that helps.

Regards,
Howard

Lisa Bishop December 13, 2021

Howard, thanks for this, but I need more detail. I need it broken out by assignee by task. Project level is too high. Any ideas?

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2021

Hi Lisa,

you could also give Exply a try. It can give you as much details as you need :) Feel to let me know if you need assistance :)

Fabian from Exply

Suggest an answer