How do I remove tickets without a fixversion from the done column?

Suzanne Bazarian September 1, 2022

We are using the Kanban board and have it set so that tix with fixversion disappear from the Done column when the version is released. We have many tickets that do not have a fixversion (tasks that don't require a release). How do I remove them from the Done column?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi Suzanne - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We do that manually by clicking on the Release button and then creating a new release. I usually do that each week so that we can quickly see how many of those types of issues that we completed the week before. I just use the date I do that as the release name - For example September 1, 2022 Release if I did that today. 

Do you need to tag each of those tix with that fixversion? ( for example, fixversion = Spetember 1, 2022). Which would mean I have to reopen all the closed tix to set their fixversion so that I can close them again and have them released?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

No, it will put that value in the empty field

Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

You are welcome 🙂

Suggest an answer