How do I remove completed Epics from the backlog?

Hoc January 31, 2021

Hello,

How do I clear the epics that have been completed?

As you can see here my epic has been completed but it still shows on the backlog. Can I remove it somehow?

Snip20210201_91.png

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KHack January 31, 2021

Hoc,

This is likely the result of the Epic Status field. It can seem counterintuitive, but this is different from the regular Status field. To remove it from the Epic panel, you need to set the "Epic Status" field to Done, which can be done by  expanding the options next to your Epic name in that panel (which appears to be the blue arrow in your screenshot). That should give you the option "Mark As Done", which will set the "Epic Status" field to Done and remove it from your epic panel.

1 vote
Hoc January 31, 2021

Thanks guys!!!

1 vote
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Hi @Hoc 

An epic won't automatically show as done when all the issues within it are completed (by default). You'll still need to go into the epic and change the status to done.

You can use an automation rule to do set further epics to move to the done status once all issues it contains are completed. Go to project settings > automation and there should be a template automation rule you can set up.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events