How do I link a notification to a task being moved from one column to another on a board?

Christine Butler February 3, 2020

The documentation is as follows:

Associating a notification scheme with a project or project board

Now that the scheme is created, you can associate the scheme with the projects that you want to use it. Once associated, any events on that project or its board will trigger the notifications that you configured in the scheme.

To associate a notification scheme to a project (and it's board):

1. Choose the Jira icon (, or ) > Projects.
  2. Search for and select the project you want to associate the notification scheme with.
  3. Go to your project and click Project settings > Notifications.
  4. Click the Actions dropdown menu and choose Use a different scheme.
  5. On the subsequent Associate Notification Scheme to Project page, which lists all available notification schemes, select the notification scheme you want to associate with the project and click the Associate button.

However, I do not see "Notifications" under "Project Settings". I need this notification to trigger when the user has moved a task from one column to another on a board.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello @Christine Butler ,

If you go to the project itself and visit the 'Project settings' link from the sidebar you should be able to see the notifications page. Can you share a screenshot of your nav bar when visiting the project settings? (it should have a grey background)

Christine Butler February 5, 2020

Hi @Fernando Bordallo 

Here is a screenshot of what I see:

https://www.screencast.com/t/Jo8zRIz4Sfq

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Ah! This is a next-gen project. Despite the new project type coming with great simplicity, while still feature rich, it is still missing some key experiences common to classic projects.

This feature is currently under development. You can follow it's progress: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17157

Christine Butler February 6, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo thank you for your quick response. I look forward to using this feature in our project.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

🚀:)

Suggest an answer