How do I limit the resolutions displayed per project?

Amy DeLeon April 5, 2023

I want to make closing my projects issues straight forward for my team by limiting the resolutions available for selection.  I have not found a way to do this for an individual project.  we are using Jira servier 9.4.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Now that request for "resolution schemes" is probably getting on for 20 years old.  But many years ago, Atlassian enabled something that enables it, without actually being a scheme-type setting.

If you give your individual project a different workflow scheme, with its own workflows, then yes, you can do this.

The resolution field is global, and usually offers every option to every "close issue" transition.  But you can use "workflow properties" that say "only show / don't show, this sub-set of the list during this transition". See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/workflow-properties-938847526.html

I wouldn't be being a good Adaptavist if I did not also point out that you can do this with the Behaviours module of Scriptrunner.

Suggest an answer