How do I find previous "sprint goals" in Next-gen projects?

Rebecca Søegaard January 3, 2021

In Next-gen projects you are not able to pull a Sprint Report. And this is the only place I could see I could get previous "Sprint Goals". How can I get previous "Sprint Goals" in Next-gen projects?

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Hi Rebecca,

You can use the API to access that information:

https://<your_domain_name_here>.atlassian.net/rest/agile/latest/board/<your_board_id_here>/sprint/

For example, I ran it for one of my boards in one of my next gen project and got this (check the last field, "goal":

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 8.47.43 PM.png

You can find the board Id as part of the URL when you check the board:

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 8.54.26 PM.png

Hope it helps,

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

This screenshot shows the response when there are closed sprints (used the same API call):

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 9.01.32 PM.png

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hell @Rebecca Søegaard ,

Big Thank you to @Carlos Garcia Navarro , for detailing that workaround, and as he noted there is not currently an option to collect the Previous sprint goal value from the field in the reporting from the UI side, and I just wanted to add one more item to this for future follow up.

We added in new capabilities with the Burnup and Burndown reports in 2019 detailed in "We are reinventing the Sprint burndown for next-gen projects!"  and as part of that revamp the features of the previously separate Sprint report was combined into these reports, and while a lot of features surrounding tracking the sprint goal are included it looks lie the sprint goal field directly was not an item that added in as a direct element during the cross over into the new report structure.

I have already flagged this thread for feedback to the dev team but If you have the time to do so please add some additional feedback on the reporting features you are looking for in Next-Gen projects as a comment in the following feature request to help us in defining what reporting features will help out the most moving forward:

Regards,
Earl

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events