How do I create a template project?

dalv_happy September 18, 2020

Good day!
I would like to set up globally processes in jira so that when creating a new project, all these processes are automatically rolled onto it.

1. How to globally create a process with a specific list of columns (statuses) and globally apply it to all new projects?
  2. How to create custom integer fields globally for all tasks of any project?
  3. How to globally set automation for all new projects? If the task has been moved, then change the custom field created in the step above?
  4. How to globally create user groups with a specific list of rights? For example, how can one group restrict the transfer of tasks to only certain columns? Also, how can some groups be prohibited from editing custom fields in a task?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

Hello @dalv_happy 

You will not be able to apply a global template if you allow Next Gen projects to be created in your JIRA project, I believe. One of the selling points of Next Gen projects is that each one can be customized without impacting another.

If you want to have standardized projects you will need to use Classic projects.

With Classic projects you can set up various schemes (Workflow, Screens, Issue Types, Permissions, etc.) and assign those schemes to all the Classic projects you want to follow the standard. When a new project is created, the creator of the project would need to select the option for "Share settings with an existing project" and then specify a project to which all the standard schemes are assigned.

genius ZAKIR January 19, 2021

how can i create a project

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@genius ZAKIR 

Please start a new thread for your question with more details if this documentation is not sufficient:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/start-a-new-software-project-for-your-team/

HELDONOR MARTINS BASTOS II May 10, 2021

Hi Trudy, tks for your answer but I have another question: I've created a project based on another such as you said above but this new project didn't bring the boards, for instance, is it that way? I mean, should I create the boards because the system just bring the schemas?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Hello @HELDONOR MARTINS BASTOS II 

With Company Managed projects agile boards are not considered part of a project's configuration that can be shared with the "Share settings with an existing project" option. You will have to create the boards separately from creating the projects.

HELDONOR MARTINS BASTOS II May 10, 2021

tks... I'm just creating the boards...

Ferdinanda Siagian November 11, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill , can i know where the "classic project" setting is? i've tried to create project but i can find any "classic project" template.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

@Ferdinanda Siagian 

Welcome to the community.

Please start a new post for your question and provide details like the hosting type for your Jira instance (i.e. Cloud or Server), your level of access (site admin or something else), and the steps you have tried.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events