Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create a closed team in Jira Cloud?

Edited

I can't find a way to create a closed team in Jira.

I want to invite all people belonging to a team. Also, whenever I add a new person to the closed team, they should automatically get the privileges attached to the team. There current Project Settings page has no way to get this done.

Security and fine-grained security are very important to us and right now the documentation is very inadequate for group configuration and restrictions.

2 answers

Without being able to close a Team it renders the functionality useless in my organisation as I do not want to have any person able to join any team they feel like. 

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Sep 30, 2020

Hi @PraneethM ,

We accomplish that with a combination of the Permission Scheme and Issue Level Security. So that issues can only be see by certain people that are granted that permission. 

It's not ideal. I was hoping for an interface where I have project roles to team mapping so that I can assign permissions to the team and have them percolate to the individual level based on their team mapping.

That's how it used to be on the Jira Enterprise edition. This seems a bit convoluted, but I'll withhold judgement until I try it out for a few days.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

482 views 3 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you