How do I create a closed team in Jira Cloud?

PraneethM September 29, 2020

I can't find a way to create a closed team in Jira.

I want to invite all people belonging to a team. Also, whenever I add a new person to the closed team, they should automatically get the privileges attached to the team. There current Project Settings page has no way to get this done.

Security and fine-grained security are very important to us and right now the documentation is very inadequate for group configuration and restrictions.

2 answers

4 votes
Jay January 5, 2022

Without being able to close a Team it renders the functionality useless in my organisation as I do not want to have any person able to join any team they feel like. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi @PraneethM ,

We accomplish that with a combination of the Permission Scheme and Issue Level Security. So that issues can only be see by certain people that are granted that permission. 

AnshumanP October 1, 2020

It's not ideal. I was hoping for an interface where I have project roles to team mapping so that I can assign permissions to the team and have them percolate to the individual level based on their team mapping.

That's how it used to be on the Jira Enterprise edition. This seems a bit convoluted, but I'll withhold judgement until I try it out for a few days.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events