How do I assign sub bug to a specific user?

설혜리 January 28, 2021

Hi, when I create Sub-defect in Test Execution page and assign it to a specific user, it automatically changes back to Project default user. 

How do I assign the sub-defect (i.e. sub-bug) to the user I specified? Does this require setting? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

@설혜리 ,

Can you add screen-shots of the issue for providing more context ?

Cheers

AJ

설혜리 January 28, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 2.54.55 PM.png

I created sub-bug from this page and assigned a specific user in Assignee field, but it's not reflected. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

@설혜리 

Seems like you might be missing the necessary permission to  'Assign Issues' required by the 'Assignee' field . Can you check if you have the necessary permissions ( https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/) 

Step 1 - Select Configure field in Issue View 

1.PNG

Step 2 - Select "Where is my field" link and enter Assignee

2.PNG

Step 3 - Check permission

설혜리 January 28, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 3.10.42 PM.png

@Ajay _view26_ Sorry can't access the page, could you please attache the link again? Thank you

Also, Create Sub Defect page doesn't have the Configure field or Issue View.. Only Create Issue page has this settings

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021
설혜리 January 28, 2021

@Ajay _view26_ it doesn't seem to be permission issue as Administrators are also unable to assign users for sub-bug. We're encountering this issue only for sub-bug issue type. Could there be any other root cause? Kindly advise. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

@설혜리  Can you share the Step 2 screen at your end. I would like to know 'Assign Issues permission'  details at your end.

I dont see any other issue except for permissions

설혜리 January 29, 2021

@Ajay _view26_ 

Is configuration required to see "What is my field?"? I"m Administrator but can't see this menu. Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 5.07.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-29 at 5.08.38 PM.png

Below is screenshot from Issue Permissions under Project settings 

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 5.09.53 PM.png

As mentioned, even Administrators users are unable to assign other users for sub-bug 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events