How do I add analytics for Confluence?

Samuel December 20, 2021

How do I add analytics for Confluence?

Are there any free options? 

I looked in the app store but am still not sure how to do this and also I can't tell if there are any free options for this. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=analytics

I will like to know this and other similar information. 

1) Which pages are most popular?

2) Which pages have comments?  

3) Who are the main contributors? 

Best Regards,

Samuel 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Samuel 

Which Confluence Cloud plan are you using ?

Analytics is feature of Confluence Premium plan. And there are few add-ons available in marketplace you can search here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=analytics but they are paid apps.

Regards,

Vishwas

Samuel December 20, 2021

Hi @Vishwas 

I am currently on the free plan and am considering getting the Standard plan after testing. I noticed there is page insight. 

Do you know how that is different than analytics? My understanding is that page insight is only for that specific page whereas analytics you compare across multiple pages. is that correct and you get more information such as contributors, tags, and other information.  

The premium plan seems to be double the amount of regular. Is it worth getting? 

Best Regards,

Samuel 

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Samuel 

Your understanding is correct. Page insights is for that particular page and Analytics is for the whole confluence. Analytics shows option like "Popular spaces", "Most Active Readers" and "popular searches".

I would recommend to take look at this URL where they have mentioned the extra features you would get in "Premium" plan. It offers much more than standard like Analytics, Team Calendars, Unlimited storage, Sandbox environment, etc  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/learn-about-confluence-cloud-plans/ 

In case if you have use case of using all those features then you can go ahead for Premium plan. But just for Analytics if you want to get Premium you may have to think.

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2023

A free analytics option is using the Better Content Archiving app on your Confluence site.

Although its current reporting capabilities are limited (new features coming soon!), you can already get a glimpse into how many unique users viewed or edited a page over a period of 7/14/.../365 days or the full lifetime of the page or blog post:

view-analytics.gif

It is available for all Confluence plans, and its free for the first 10 users.

(Discl. it is an app developed by our team.)

Suggest an answer