How do I add an existing issue(Bug, Improvement, Task etc) to the Backlog

Ricardo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 7, 2021

Hi,

How do I add an existing issue (Bug, Improvement, Task etc) to the Backlog.

It seems its only possible to create new ones, but I need to add an old issues (already created)

Can anyone help?

Thank you 

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Welcome to the community!

You'll need to re-open the issues, so that they take on a status that is not "done"

0 votes
Steve R. March 10, 2023

Same question here. Unfortunately the provided answers makes no sense for me.

Can someone pls explain again how to add an existing (open) ticket to the backlog?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2023

Modify the data on the issue such that it matches the board filter, and does not have a status that is mapped into the last column on the board.

Like Cássia Mota likes this
0 votes
JACK LIU
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2022

Had the same question, then figured out as below:

1. goto your existing issue;

2. click Edit from top left corner;

3. for the Team field, specify the team that the target Backlog belongs to.

I think the idea here is that the Backlog belongs to a certain Team, so once you assign the issue to the team, it will be automatically added to the team's backlog.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer