How do I add an already created release to an already created advanced roadmap plan?

Chris Miller March 16, 2021

I have an advanced roadmaps plan I created, of course selecting releases.  We have created a new release, via the release management area in Jira.  Now I can't add that already created release to the already created plan.  I can't find where to add more releases to the plan after the plan has been created.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller March 16, 2021

Disregard, I figured it out.

Go to configure plane

select issue sources

select edit issues sources

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2021

Hi @Chris Miller

I know that you've already answered this question yourself - but I'm interested in what your expectations for where you would do this (maybe an import option on the releases tab?) and how long it took before you were able to find the right place to add them.

We're always interested to understand any changes we can make to improve Advanced Roadmaps!,

Regards,

Dave

Chris Miller March 17, 2021

Dave, I was originally seeking something that indicated "releases" so I could select ones to add.  Especially since that is what I was focused on.  I had gone to the Configuration for the plan, yet it did not initially dawn on me that the "source data" meant the releases as well, because I saw issue sources and when I went into there all I saw was the projects.  So still nothing about releases.  If I had not clicked on the "edit issue sources" I would not have found I could modify the releases.   Maybe on the Issue Sources page an explanation like "Modify project and releases"

Thanks for asking.

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Thanks for sharing this additional information @Chris Miller - it's incredibly helpful and I'll pass this onto our design team for consideration.

Regards,

Dave

siva karamcheti August 2, 2021

Yes @Dave - I tried to find it for a week and could not figure it out until i just posted similar question and found Chris post. Infact, I created a completely new Roadmap just to select existing releases once again lol.

May be add 'Select Release' option next to 'Create Release'  in Releases tab or make it more generic to say 'Modify Releases' and give options to pick existing releases or create a new one.

Suggest an answer