How do I add a custom field to a Sub-Task?

sherri_nc September 20, 2022

Hi Folks,

Can anybody tell me how I can add a custom field to a sub-task ?

Thanks,

-Sherri

4 answers

0 votes
Mustafa Mansour October 27, 2023

Hi @sherri_nc 

If you are on a Company-Managed project, so you must refer to the Admin so he can add the screen 

thin associated with the issue type 

if on a Team-Manged project, so you can do it from the project settings 

0 votes
Karen Bottai September 20, 2022

Assuming you are an admin, you would first create the custom field, then associate it with the sub-task you need. Then apply to the project. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Not the most helpful of answers, but it's the same way you do it to base issue level issues (sub task parent issue types).

As you're on Cloud, there are two quick helpful answers - if it's a company-managed project, ask your administrators to add the fields; if it's a team-managed project, you can do it via project settings -> issues -> sub-task.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hello @sherri_nc 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Are you a Project Admin for the project or a Jira Administrator?

The path forward depends on the answers to those questions.

For a Company Managed project, the next question would be does the custom field already exist in the system and just need to be added to the issue type, or is this a net-new custom field?

Suggest an answer