How do I add Comments to be displayed under filter for active Risks. There is no option to add.

Martin Nowak June 19, 2021

I've created a filter for active risks and issues. I've added key columns to be shown in a column (equivalent of excel) format. I've got: RAG Status, Reporter, Summary, Action Plan but I can't add Comments. This would be very useful as I need to regularly extract this information for project status reports and having the latest comment would show the latest activity. 

2 answers

1 vote
Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2021

Hi @Martin Nowak

You cant add Comments column for display in filter. Since there will be multiple comments available and that is not supported. You can copy those contents into a Custom field from there you can view it using that Field in Filter.

I had a Similar Use case where I want to show all Work Log descriptions as Status Update (Cumulated Work Log Summary). Hence I created a Custom Field "Status Update" and used Jira Automation to trigger a automation when ever there is a work log event happens. The Work Log Date and Work Description will get appended to my Status Update Field. 

Status Update.JPG

As in the image u can see "Logging for Subtask 1" was my first worklog update and then "Again for Subtask 1" is my second worklog update

Hope This helps you!

Burak Oluroğulları October 5, 2021

Hello Sadeesh,

I really need this. We need to see worklog on Jira search window and excel reports. However I can not find the way to use automation for it.

Can you please type me step by step?

Thank you in advance!

Burak

Burak Oluroğulları October 13, 2021

Hello @Sadeesh Narendran ,

Can you help me please?

Burak

0 votes
Michael Macho December 30, 2022

you got to be joking 

in 2022 -  I am still having this issue the same issue.  I want to filter by updates to a comment for an EOD report.  I get some comments in the filter but not all of them.  It seems as if the first comment added is the only one to display.  

Has anyone been able to fix this issue or have a work around that is not so intensive on using another comments field.  I take it i will need to create some sort of automation to do this.  

seems like this should not be an issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events