How come my sprints don't show up in Advanced Roadmaps

ali.alavi August 7, 2020

I have scheduled sprints and several that have been created and loaded in jira. None of my sprints show up in the advanced roadmap timeline. I only see projected sprints.

I do see the sprints in the sprints field as an external sprint. there's no explanation in jira documentation about this.

Worst support and sales ever!

3 answers

1 vote
Christopher Gee April 13, 2022

@Earl McCutcheon - I'm still having the same problem. I use my scrum board as the source, but when I go to Advanced Roadmaps, my sprints don't show up

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hello @ali.alavi ,

It sounds like you have selected either a Project or a filter as the plans issue source.  You need to select a board as the issue source and this option will give you the ability to manage sprints from those boards.

Check out the What is a plan documentation for more details about the capabilities of the different issue sources.  Notting there are three options to choose from Boards, Projects, & Filters, and the recommendation is:

Out of the three (3) issue sources, we recommend that you use Scrum boards. This gives you the ability to manage sprints from those boards, plan the capacity of future sprints, and assign issues to sprints — all directly from your plan.

Regards,
Earl

ali.alavi August 13, 2020

That is also not the issue. I tried multiple ways. What's worst is having your PM make an appointment with me and then not show up to his own meeting. Very indicative of my experience with Atlassian customer service and support. @Earl McCutcheon 

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Hi @ali.alavi ,

thanks for the update and I found the thread where you were trying to set up a meeting with @Roi Fine, he replied to your comment clarifying his availability and would be happy to reschedule, see his comment here:

Apologies @ali.alavi, due to the time difference between your time zone and Australia's you created the meeting at 3am (whilst I was asleep) to start 5 hours later and didn't see the invite until I started work at 9am. I've adjusted the settings to avoid this happening in the future - My team is happy to reschedule though.

So please do reach out to reschedule.

Regards,
Earl

Kash Sinduria June 28, 2021

Hi Earl,
I tried to change the "issue Type" for my advanced roadmap to Scrum, but still can't see the sprint(s) on top of the roadmap.
Are there any more changes since your last update?

Thanks
Kash

0 votes
Vladimir Cech August 1, 2022

Hello Atlassian,

Following @Christopher Gee it would be good if you can provide the official comment/statement regarding to this problem.

There is a possibility to base Advanced Roadmaps on the board filter that makes the Sprint accessible in Roadmaps but there is another problem related. The board requires to limit filtered issues to issue types such as Epic, Story, ... but not Initiatives while Roadmaps requires to have all issue types presented in the hierarchy in the filter. So it makes the whole Roadmaps unusable.

Also, utilization of two types of teams (shared and in-project), when in project team is not visible directly in the issue (only through Roadmaps) makes Roadmaps unusable for complex team structure (one team divided into more or less independent sub-teams).

Thank you for any statement

Vlada

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events