How can i restrict the user accessing the hidden fields

Sunilkumar k August 12, 2022

Hi,

I need to make the user to not unhide the hidden field (as shown in the attachment) , how can i achieve it

Screenshot (156)_LI.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hi Sunil,

If you never want the field to be seen, you can go to the Field Configuration for that project, search for the field and mark it hidden. 

Settings > Issues > Field Configurations

Sunilkumar k August 16, 2022

hi @John Funk field

I am able to hide the field, but how can i restrict the user to not unhide the field, i mean that i should allow only some users to hide/unhide the custom fields how can i achieve it

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

No, you cannot allow some users to hide a field and others not to hide it. It either shows for all or hidden for all. 

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2022

Hi @Sunilkumar k is the field actually a hidden field or is it just not included on the screen?

Sunilkumar k August 15, 2022

hi @Craig Nodwell ,

The field is actually hidden , i dont want user to have an access to unhide it, how can i achieve it

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events