How can i manager User Story versions

Houcem REZIG December 25, 2021

Hello everybody,

I would like to share a subject with you and your feedback would certainly be useful for me.

Suppose you are working on a feature and you have been working on a user story in different sprints.

How do you manage the versions of a user story?

If, for example, for a US-1 user story, we have the acceptance criteria (B, C, D) for sprint 1.

Afterwards, for functionality improvement reasons, the team should work on US-1 again (Sprint 14 for example).
Should the team have only the information (acceptance criteria) that concerns only iteration 14 or all the information from US-1 (even that given in iteration 1)?

I need tips to be able to manage user storie's versions

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

Hi @Houcem REZIG

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there is no story versioning.  What you can do is create a new improvement story and link it to the old story (us-1) so that you can easily refer back to it.

Also, I recommend not to put a story to a sprint and then adding it to another sprint as it will mess up your reporting.

I hope this helps.

Houcem REZIG December 25, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim 

That's what I was doing, now you have confirmed that I have to go through the creation of another user story (improvement)

Thank you very much

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events