How can i add the fix version in the card preview?

Cristina Dumitrascu June 2, 2021

Hello, 

I would need to add the fix version in the card preview but i am not really able to find a way to do it. 

I tried to follow this scenario  but it seems that i don t have any Issue detail view, but only a section that is dedicated to the collumns in the board, nothing more. 

Can you please help ? 

Thank you, 

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Cristina Dumitrascu , 

this is because you're probably using a Team-managed project, and the documentation you've read is for a Company-managed project.

The Team-managed are less complex to manage than the Company one, but they also offer less features (as the one you've described).

The only solution for you would be to migrate to a Company-managed project.

You can read more about the differences here : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hello Alexis, 

Thank you for the clarifications. 

Indeed, i have a Team-managed project. 

Have a great day ahead! 

1 vote
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hello @Cristina Dumitrascu ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community..!

Can you please provide us more details...?

I'm using Jira cloud-free version. image.png

I just opened a Jira issue in my cloud-free version. I'm able to see it "Fix Versions" field. We can able to pin to screens. I don't know maybe it's a new feature. you can try pinning the field once. 

Thanks,

Anvesh

Hello, 
I have that field there too, but I am talking about having the field on the card, in the board view, not in the card view. Is that possible? 

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 14.07.54.png

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hello,

Click on Backlog --> (...) Board Settings --> Card Layout --> You can choose , in Backlog and active sprints.

image.png

You need to be a Board Admin to apply changes.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Thank you very much, i managed to add the field on the card, using what you said, for one of my projects. 

The reason why i was not able to see the how to add the field, was because the project for which i was trying to add this, is a Team managed project, and does not have this option, unfortunately. 

Thank you once again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events