How can I use the custom field id in a query?

Martin August 15, 2018

I have a custom field which is a dropdown where I have a list, once I make the selection of an item from that drop, what I need is that in another dropdown, show me just the children of the first selection.

I'm using nFeed for the configuration of the querys that I need for extracting the first list, in theory I already have the query for just extract the children, but what I dont know is how to actually use what is in the fisrt field so it can make the correct extraction of the information that I need for the second field.

PD: I cant use static data because each item on the first field has it own and different children

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018
Martin August 15, 2018

yeeeees, exactly that, thanks a lot

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

Are you using a select list cascading custom field type?

Martin August 15, 2018

No, Im using nFeed, because the info I'm excracting is from a db, and there are a ton of items, so it's not so usefull the select list cascading custom field, because apart of that, there are some children that also have children.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

got it. sorry not sure how to help you on that front. Maybe others w/ nfeed experience will chime in here.

good luck!!

Martin August 15, 2018

No problem, thanks anyway

Suggest an answer