How can I unlink a confluence space from a jira project?

Juliane Pfeffer April 15, 2021

Hi there,

I have linked a confluence space to a jira project via the pages feature. I now want to unlink it. How can I do this. The options are only allowing me to link another confluence space.

Thanks for your help

Juliane

3 answers

2 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Juliane Pfeffer ,

It sounds like you're using a Team-managed (formerly Next-gen) Project.  If you go to the Project settings, then select Features, scroll down to the bottom you'll see Pages. Turn off the switch, and your project will no longer be connected to a space. 

If you turn the Pages switch in Project settings back on, it will be connected to the last space that you connected with. You can change the space, but it looks like the only way to "remove" the link is to turn off the feature in Project settings

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-and-disable-pages/

I hope this helps! Best wishes, Sharon

Denise May 8, 2023

Hello, I am trying to connect two projects to one confluence space but it is not allowing me 

In Toolchain it has a setting to remove the confluence space attached to the project but it is not allowing me to add the + is greyed out.

Thank you

1 vote
Zuzana Toulcová November 16, 2023

Hi.

If you go to project settings -> Features and click Configure in the Pages component at the bottom of the page, then click Configure it will redirect you to Toolchain at View all tools tab. There you can remove current connection to the Confluence.

Tried and tested on Jira Cloud with Site-Admin permission.

Zuzka

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2021

Hello @Juliane Pfeffer,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to the Pages feature on a Jira Software project, the only options are to connect to a different space or turn off the feature as Sharon mentioned. 

There is a feature request suggesting the option to reset/disconnect the space linked to the project:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For now, if you don't want the project to be linked to a Confluence space, please, follow the steps shared in Sharon's response.

Kind regards,
Angélica

TJPII May 4, 2021

Hello - I wanted to connect some requirement pages to my Jira Project but the entire  Confluence Space got added instead.  That was not expected.  I've been trying to undo that action without any luck.  I followed the instructions by Sharon above but in Project Settings for my Jira Project the option "Features" is not displayed.  As such I cannot follow the instructions to turn the Pages toggle to OFF.  What am I missing?

BTW: I cannot tell if this is a classic or next gen Jira Project but my assumption is classic.  I read that the Feature option does not show if you have a classic project.  If true, there appears to be no way to turn off Pages and thus no way to remove an Confluence Space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Hi @TJPII,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

It’s currently, not possible to reset the Pages feature. 

If you don’t want to use the feature, on classic projects (company-managed), you can disable it by clicking on “Add item”:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.19.58.png

If you enable it again in the future, it will show the previously connected space, so before disabling it, you can, for example, create a new space without any important information, and connect to the project.

Kind regards,
Angélica

TJPII May 5, 2021

I selected Add Item but the option to turn off Pages does not exist.  Is there some other place where I can turn Pages off? 

Add Item.jpg

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2021

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, @TJPII.

I tested on a new site and the place to disable the pages changed, I’m sorry for the confusion.

When you hover the mouse over the “Project pages” an icon will appear and once you click on it, the option to disable the feature will appear.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.22.15.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.22.51.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

TJPII May 6, 2021

Staples Commercial ... "That Was Easy"

Thanks for the assist.  Phew. 

BTW:  I added my comment to the page below to make it easy to remove a space from pages.  Having it as a one way action (add only, no delete) seems short sighted on someone's part.  

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21185

Like # people like this
Rick Westbrock March 28, 2022

I have full administrative privileges in Jira Cloud and in my company managed project I do not have an edit button for Project Pages as shown in the image posted by Angélica Luz 

Like Ngoc Hong Chu likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events