How can I sort expired tasks with JQL?

Özge Özgenç April 17, 2023

I want to sort tasks with expired due date but I do not prefer to do it with status!=done AND due date < now(). So I tried this JQL in the below:

sorting.png

However, it did not work. How can I compare due date and resolved date to sort expired issues even it is done now. 

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hello @Özge Özgenç 

Jira does not natively support comparing fields to other fields as part of JQL. In order to do that you would need a third party app.

You might be able to use a custom field to keep track of whether or not the due date is less than the resolved date, using an automation rule to set the field, and then write a JQL with criteria for the custom field.

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Özge Özgenç

I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Appfire and I’m here to help you.

Unfortunately, using JQL of Jira, you’ll not be able to do it dynamically.

In the app where my team works, JQL Search Extensions for Jira, you can use this query to find all tasks with expired due date:

issue in dateCompare("duedate < resolved") and project = IT and type = Task and Sprint = 1019 Order By due ASC

Please contact our support if you have any other questions about this query.

We’ll be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Maurício

Özge Özgenç April 18, 2023

Hi @mauricio.groth 

Thank you for your reply. Is there any free app for this function you can recommend?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events