How can I show start-to-end bar for each tasks in next-gen roadmap?

yuri_rokutan January 8, 2020

I like the next-gen roadmap UI, but it only displays Epic start-to-end bar.

How can I show gantt-chart-like bars for each stories, tasks and sub-tasks, instead of status.

5 answers

13 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hello Yuri,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On the next-gen Roadmap, currently, it shows the date range only for the Epics. Also, the date range of Epics doesn’t include the end date of child issues.

Based on your question, I created a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Alan Osman June 4, 2020

It's a lame implementation of a roadmap and has led me down a path of failure to track individual tasks under an epic.  I do not see the rationale for releasing such a feature when it is vastly incomplete. 

Like # people like this
Ronaldo Castillo July 13, 2020

@Alan Osman  I second that

Walid Daccache October 7, 2020

I third that :)

Sebastian Bogler October 22, 2020

Fourth!

Paul Quinn November 18, 2020

5th :(

Amagoo Atlassian December 3, 2020

Must have!

Nick Kononelos July 29, 2021

7th! 

Does anyone have any sort of work around or plugin/app they are using to help here?

I would hate to abandon Jira because of this one feature but I can't imagine being macro-level productive without. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2021

Hey everyone,

This feature will be implemented soon. There is a screenshot showing the feature on the documentation already:

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 09.44.08.png

And the information was posted on our public roadmap:

Story-level issues on the roadmap

Get a better understanding of when work will ship by visualizing and planning your story-level issues on the roadmap.

The feature may be visible on some browsers already but it’s not fully functional. Please, watch the feature request and keep an eye on our public roadmap so you are notified when the feature is implemented.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this
Marvin Brand August 2, 2021

Hey @Angélica Luz , this is great news! Thank you very much.

You got any insights whether Atlassian will take the effort to make this happen also for Server?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2021

Hi @Marvin Brand,

Thank you for your question.

I'm afraid to say that this feature won't be added to Server/Datacenter anytime soon.

There is a feature request suggesting this, but our product teams already mentioned that it's not being considered:

- Roadmap feature for JIRA Server 

Kind regards,
Angélica

4 votes
eduburon January 5, 2021

Absolute must have for tasks to have a start and end bar in the Gant view. It defeats the purpose of a roadmap view if you can't have this level of visibility and detail. Not to mention it severely inhibits your ability to plan, manage and track workstreams without it.

3 votes
Barend Vermaak March 26, 2021

Is there a due date that we can expect this feature?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2021

Hello @Barend Vermaak,

Thank you for your question.

The latest update about this feature was posted yesterday by our Product Manager Deniss Alimovs:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback.

We are currently investigating possible solutions.

There are no due dates when it comes to Features. For more information, please check our policy below:

Also, please, watch the feature to receive future updates from our Developers and Product Managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

1 vote
Vitaliy Denchyk June 9, 2022

@Angélica Luz , Hello! any chance to have this feature for us? seems to be we are waiting for quite a long time...

0 votes
Nagyné Széles October 27, 2022

We need this feature too, thank you.

Suggest an answer