How can I set up filters for completed epics in current sprint?

Vera Kim July 30, 2021

I want to set filters in my project for completed epics in the current sprint, but there is an error occurs saying that filter Sprint is not available. why this might happen?image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

Hi @Vera Kim and welcome to the community!

This is a known issue that was reported here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71320 and it states that "This seems to happen because Jira is mistaken the global issue type with the next-gen issue type."

As a work around they propose:

• Using Global context on the Custom Field configuration makes the behavior not reproducible anymore.
  • Use the Advanced search and JQL should still work.

If this answer helped you, kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others in the community.

Cheers,
Alex

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

When I try to reproduce your issue, I've found out that in a TMP, the sprint field was missing from the screen. The result in the basic search I wasn't able to choose Sprint field. As soon as I add it within Epic issue screen, I was able to choose it from the advanced search.

epicsearch.png

Can you please check if you have Sprint field inside the epic issue type?

Alex

Vera Kim August 1, 2021

Thank you Alex! 

You were right, as soon as I added sprint field in the epic issue type, all worked

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

Hi @Vera Kim

Glad to know that everything worked fine! Kindly mark my answer as accepted, to help other in the community with the same problem. :)

Alex

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2021

Epics are not items that go into sprints, so Jira ignores the sprint "field" for them.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2021

That's not true. Epics can go into multiple sprints if you want to. If that couldn't happen, then we wouldn't be talking about Scrum in the first place.

epic.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events