How can I see project change log?

A M December 25, 2020

How to view the project change log? (Who changed task status , when did it, etc.)

4 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2020

@A M 

Click on the Admin Cog

• System
  • Audit Log (you will be able to see who did what)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Fadoua

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 28, 2020

Hello @A M 

You can try both Time in Status for Jira Cloud and Issue History add-ons.

Besides generating time in status report, Time in Status for Jira Cloud shows the Status Entrance date report, which shows exactly what you need - the date of transition to a particular status.

statusentrancedate.png

Additionally, Issue History also shows when the status has been changed. It will help you to get all the issue changelog by the time period you need (the author and the date of changes). 

IH.png

You will also have the ability to extract all the necessary data as XLSX or CSV files for further analysis.

I hope you find it helpful

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

@Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet 

User needs assistance without the push to install any of your add-ons.

If you can assist with features available in Jira out of the box it will be greatly appreciated as other users for sure will find it useful.

Best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 30, 2020

@Fadoua thank you for your remark, but those solutions I've mentioned above can be considered as alternative ones. As far as I know, in the audit log, it is impossible to see changes in status. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

As an additional solution, if the user does not want to use any applications, there may be a history tab on the issue view panel. This is a built-in free Jira solution, but it allows you to see a history of change for just one issue.
Therefore, to view the changelog for the entire project, you will need to do a lot of manual work. And those decisions which I have mentioned, allow seeing a changelog of statuses of the whole project in one place.

Let the decision be up to the user - what is more convenient and what is more suitable.

Best regards,
Mariana

2020-12-30_19-39-47.jpg

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
January 29, 2021

Hi @A M ,

As an alternative, you can try Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time spent in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count. Report can be exported as CSV, so that you can use external tools like Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheet to process the exported data.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

0 votes
czsup December 26, 2020

Hi,

changes of every issue is accessable by History or Activity tab. But if you want to see changes on whole project you can make a filter for all issue from the project and add Activity Stream gadget on Dashboard (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/activity-stream-gadget-218275789.html)

ms

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events