How can I know how many active users are there in specific project

kerensho September 24, 2019

Hi,

I'm generating statistics on a monthly basic, and as part of it  I need to present how many active users are there for every project. are those number available in the cloud GUI and I missed it? or do I need to create some kind of SQL query?

(I'm working on Jira software in cloud)

any recommendations?

Keren

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

You have no access to the database on Cloud, so forget SQL

In the UI, you'll need to define "active".  People who could read issues, could create/update, or do you mean people who actively have amended something?

Hi Nic,

I mean users who who have access both to Jira and to the site.

btw - this question is relevant also to Confluence Cloud as I need to generate the same statistics for Confluence

Thanks

Keren

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

Access to Jira and Confluence is easy.  Look at the "application access" section in admin for each one, you will find a list of groups (often there is only one) that has access to it.  Then look at the groups for all the users.

If you want it space by space, or project by project, you will have to look at each ones permissions, then who matches those permissions.

Hmmm... probably I didn't explain it very well- I need to know to each project in jira how many users (who actually have access to jira and were not disabled) are there. the same for confluence public space, and all of that in cloud - so no SQL ...  :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2019

I think you explained it well enough.

You will need to look at each project's permissions to see the rules on who has access and then look at whatever those rules define (groups, roles etc)

kerensho October 1, 2019

Hi Nic,

Thanks, That's what I'm doing now... but I thought there might be  a more efficient way...

Suggest an answer