How can I install greenhopper without internet ?

I have no internet on my server.

Anybody know a procedure to install greenhopper without internet connection?

thanks

Stefen

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

All you need is the greenhopper jar file. The easiest way to get it is over the internet, but if you don't have access on a machine, then you'll need to download it on another machine and transfer it over. I tend to use scp, but you can do it with any transfer method - ftp, file shares, even email. Physically, download a copy and stick it on a usb stick or even disc of some sort. Heck you can even upload it as an attchment to a Jira issue (if you allow large enough attachments, and remember to rename it)

Once it's on the Jira server, you'll need to transfer it into jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins

In JIRA 4.3 or later you can go to Administration >> Plugins and choose 'upload', then browse to it to install it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

974 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot