How can I group by tasks using label in Jira?

Anika Jahin January 5, 2022

I know there is an option to filter the tasks by label in the ADVANCE FILTER SEARCH. But it's not serving proper outcome. 

For example: I want to see the total spent time of my resources from 28th Dec 2021 to 2nd Jan 2022. I have different labels (as I don't have components in my side bar). I want to filter using the labels & I want the spent time within that date range. 

How to achieve that?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

Filtering with labels is as simple as "and label in (red, green, blue)"

But grouping is not part of the search.  Grouping is done by the reporting method you are using to view the search results.

Yes if I can elaborate:

In the reporting section there is no way to group by labels but there is the facility to get the total spent hours.

But in the filtering section I can easily filter by labels but the spent time is not matched properly. 

For example: If I filter by using created date [range is 28th Dec to 2nd Jan], it is showing me the spent hour till 4th Jan which I don't want. I want to see just the spent time till 2nd Jan.

In short, I want to filter my tasks by labels & I want the exact spent time also according to the exact date range that I require. 

0 votes
Ilze Leite-Apine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hi,

For reporting purposes, you may use the eazyBI for Jira app. Grouping metrics by different field values is a default option in eazyBI.

In eazyBI, the Labels field is imported and available by default as a dimension to group values by them. Measure "Hours spent" is a default measure to show a total of logged hours by different criteria. Using drag-and-drop, combine the dimension together with the measure and filter by Time dimension to see logged hours within this timeframe and split by labels.

In the example below, the selected time period is a quarter and the report data are filtered by projects as well.

logged hours by label.png

You can display those data in a chart view as well (a bar chart, for instance).

More examples are available in the eazyBI Demo account, for instance, in the Time tracking dashboard.

Do not hesitate to contact support@eazybi.com for any further questions!

Ilze / eazyBI Customer Support

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Anika Jahin 

Use the date range in JQL

Created >= -28/Dec/2021 AND Created <= 2/Jan/2022

And the relevant labels with adding parenthesis.

Thanks,
Pramodh

I have tried that, but it is showing me the spent time of 3rd Jan also. So the actual spent time data is mismatched. 

Can you please help me out? @Pramodh M 

And thanks for your previous response. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events