How can I change the boards filter

Tim Lewis May 14, 2020

I access issues and can see the board filter how can I amend it like you can in classic

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Hi Tim - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Is this a Next-gen project? If so, the answer is you can't.

You would need to create a new Kanban board and a new filter with it. 

Tim Lewis May 18, 2020

Ok but you cant amend the filter on that either. That's very limiting, is there any move to change this approach please?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

You can create a new Kanban board and use whatever filter you want and modify that filter anytime you want. 
And I am not aware of any change coming anytime soon.

Tim Lewis May 18, 2020

So how do you change the Kanban board filter please?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

You can't change the board that was created with the Next-gen project. You have to create a totally new board. It can use whatever filter you want. 

Just got to Board Settings > General

Then change out the filter. 

Tim Lewis May 18, 2020

Hi John I can only create boards via next gen projects, Are you talking about the classic boards? as I can see Board Settings > General in my next gen board (or am I missing something? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

Yes, I am talking about creating a Classic Kanban board and attaching to a filter that includes your Next-gen project(s).

Suggest an answer